Let the juggling commence.
Upgrading my Python install (see below) seems to have broken pygments and therefore my Jekyll install. Thank goodness for PortableJekyll.
- Made it through “Week 0” of the PMGAI course over at nucl.ai. Just sort of an overview, but so far so good. Installed a modern version of Python (it’s been a while), since that’s what we’ll be using.
- Slowly making my way through the excellent “coder’s guide to spline-based procedural geometry” presentation from the Unite 2015 conference. Looking forward to putting some of it into practice, but also glad for the density of 3D rendering information that I only half-knew.
Still stuck into “The Talos Principle”. Steam says 16 hours so far, and I keep going back for more. It’s everything good about “Portal 2”, except harder, and in a new and interesting setting.
- Watched the latest Twitch stream from Media Molecule, and decided I’ll take a late lunch to be home for the livestream of the Playstation presentation at Paris Games Week.
- It’s day 31 (and much worse by calendar time), and I’m still working on the “first thing”. Time to switch
gears, but there are a few things I’ll want first:
- Live tracking of player characters in the database.
- Showing PCs in the visualizer, preferably with a follow camera and some UI for ID.
- Of course there’ll be things I don’t know I need yet, but we’ll try for those two tomorrow and switch to Phase Two. Phase Two might be really boring, so I’ll probably revisit the visualizer often.